Dubai: In the desert on the outskirts of Dubai, one of the world’s biggest gold refineries is under construction. When completed next year, it will help to alter the balance of power in the global gold industry.Growth in demand for the precious metal is shifting east, to Asia’s fast-growing economies. But key industry activities such as refining and clearing matching investors’ buy and sell orders remain dominated by Europe and the US.
- METALS MORNING VIEW 01/10: Mixed start to trading in low-volume market
- METALS MORNING VIEW 28/09: Some strength emerges in the metals after Thursday’s weakness
- METALS MORNING VIEW 27/09: Metals prices mixed after initial weakness
- METALS MORNING VIEW 25/09: Metals dip while China takes advantage of higher prices
- METALS MORNING VIEW 24/09: Metals prices shake off early weakness