Dubai: In the desert on the outskirts of Dubai, one of the world’s biggest gold refineries is under construction. When completed next year, it will help to alter the balance of power in the global gold industry.Growth in demand for the precious metal is shifting east, to Asia’s fast-growing economies. But key industry activities such as refining and clearing matching investors’ buy and sell orders remain dominated by Europe and the US.
- METALS MORNING VIEW 14/08: Base metals prices consolidate near recent lows amid pause in selling
- METALS MORNING VIEW 09/08: Buying interest in base metals piqued
- METALS MORNING VIEW 07/08: Metals prices generally firmer
- PRICING NOTICE: Fastmarkets discontinues its gold premium assessments
- METALS MORNING VIEW 03/08: No let up in downward pressure in metals prices