Dubai: In the desert on the outskirts of Dubai, one of the world’s biggest gold refineries is under construction. When completed next year, it will help to alter the balance of power in the global gold industry.Growth in demand for the precious metal is shifting east, to Asia’s fast-growing economies. But key industry activities such as refining and clearing matching investors’ buy and sell orders remain dominated by Europe and the US.
- METALS MORNING VIEW 05/12: Metal prices consolidate while broader markets show weakness
- METALS MORNING VIEW 04/12: Metals prices rebound again after Monday’s rally ran into selling
- METALS MORNING VIEW 03/12: Metals react positively to G20 trade developments
- METALS MORNING VIEW 30/11: Base metals prices firm despite disappointing China data
- METALS MORNING VIEW 29/11: Metals prices consolidate gains after Fed comments, focus shifts to G20