Dubai: In the desert on the outskirts of Dubai, one of the world’s biggest gold refineries is under construction. When completed next year, it will help to alter the balance of power in the global gold industry.Growth in demand for the precious metal is shifting east, to Asia’s fast-growing economies. But key industry activities such as refining and clearing matching investors’ buy and sell orders remain dominated by Europe and the US.
- METALS MORNING VIEW 23/05: Metals stuck sideways; manufacturing PMI data in focus
- METALS MORNING VIEW 22/05: Metals prices consolidate after Monday’s gains
- METALS MORNING VIEW 21/05: Metals prices mainly firmer after US-China trade war avoided
- METALS MORNING VIEW 18/05: Nickel and aluminium prices have direction; rest are listless
- METALS MORNING VIEW 15/05: Nickel, lead in the driver’s seat; other metals rangebound