Dubai: In the desert on the outskirts of Dubai, one of the world’s biggest gold refineries is under construction. When completed next year, it will help to alter the balance of power in the global gold industry.Growth in demand for the precious metal is shifting east, to Asia’s fast-growing economies. But key industry activities such as refining and clearing matching investors’ buy and sell orders remain dominated by Europe and the US.
- NOTICE: The Bulliondesk.com website will soon close
- MORNING VIEW: Gold price rises as Middle East tensions escalate
- IN CASE YOU MISSED IT: 5 key stories from June 17
- PLATINUM TODAY: South African platinum producers braced for higher wage demands
- MORNING VIEW: LME base metals prices firmer but global risk sentiment remains fragile