Here’s a fun quiz for the festive period to get the old brain matter going. The following all have a connection to gold. Click on the link at the bottom if you want to see the answers!
Round 1 – General Knowledge
1. Gold Investments was started by whom?
2. What is the chemical symbol for gold?
3. How many continents can gold be found beneath? Is it?
4. How much of the world’s gold has been mined?
5. The world’s largest gold coin (weighing 3,215 troy ounces, and measuring 500mm across and 30mm thick) is the Canadian Maple Leaf estimated to be worth:
Round 2 – Annagram
Re-arrange the letters to form a famous place with a connection to gold (two words):
Round 3 – True Or False
Only one statement is false which one is it?
1. Gold has been discovered on every continent on earth.
2. One cubic foot of gold weighs four tonnes.
3. The Olympic gold medals awarded in 1912 were made entirely from gold.
Round 4 – What Coins Are These?
Round 5 – Quotes
Match the following authors with their quotes:
Lord Byron, William Shakespeare, Charles Dickens
Gold? Yellow, glittering, precious gold?…
This yellow slave
Will knit and break religions, bless th’ accursed,
Make the hoar leprosy adored, place thieves,
And give them title, knee and approbation
With senators on the bench.
O Gold! I still prefer thee unto paper,
Which makes bank credit like a bark of vapour.
Gold conjures up a mist about a man, more destructive of all his old senses and lulling to his feelings than the fumes of charcoal.
Round 6 – Who Sung The Following?
1. Golden Years
2. Solid Gold Easy Action
3. Golden Lady
See the answers here.